Our LEJOG Story
To help you navigate the way through our LEJOG story, I suggest taking the following route.
- Introduction – Read on below!
- Chapter 1 – The beginning and how we prepared for the trip
- Chapter 2 – The bike and equipment we took with us
- Chapter 3 – The Route we chose
- Chapter 4 – The Day to Day blog of our trip which also includes details of what we learnt as we well as some comment on the route
- Chapter 5 – Accomodation
- Chapter 6 – Postscript
In the summer of 2003, 3 friends and I spent 15 days cycling the classic British ‘End to End’ or LEJOG (or JOGLE if doing the other way!) from Lands End to John O’Groats, all 1066 Miles. This website is an account of our LEJOG cycle ride hopefully giving others the incentive to do it themselves. It also gives details of our LEJOG route, directions, GPS waypoints, preparation, bikes, training, advice, and any other information I can think of that might prove helpful to somebody else who has considered having a go themselves.
The LEJOG route we followed was one broadly based around the CTC (Cycle Touring Club) Scenic Route (scenic means hilly by the way!), with our own modifications particularly through Devon and Cornwall using local knowledge and a detour via the Isle of Arran to avoid Glasgow. Both bits we would highly recommend.
I hope you find it interesting and if you have any queries please send me an email.
© Alan Pewsey 2011.